Care of Cut Flowers in an Arrangement
Here are some general rules that will help you make your cut-flower arrangements last:
– Don’t overcrowd the flowers in the container.
– Check the water level in the vase and replenish it frequently.
– Flowers that go limp are not drinking well and need to be recut.
– Always discard wilted blooms.
– Keep flowers away from drafts, direct sunlight, and ripening fruits, which emit ethylene gas—a substance that causes buds to remain closed, petals to have poor color, and flowers to have a shortened vase life.